Sunday, October 10, 2004

What's your MOS ?




Well today started out pretty slow.......me and the guys were tossing a football around in the breakroom.......and i dove....inadvertantly tackled a table with my head, the table won .......(if i caught it......... is it still a fumble?!?!?!)

After that a little work....... launched a few planes..... checked email

and then....

Sparred with the guys a bit......trying out some hand to hand stuff i learned from the marines that work ATOC here.........lame......doesn't work.....( there is this one move one move that you should use -if someone grabs your wrists, a twisting type deal move..... All i managed was to twst the skin on my arm..........I was trying to get them to teach me some self defense stuff cuz there have been a lot of alleged rapes and stuff in the AOR.

Specifically a concern of mine is at Camp anywhere, where we will be moving in uhhhhh i could tell ya but then i'd have to kill ya...........and i heard there have been alot of incidences and even a girl found in a bathroom with her hands tied behind her back and gagged. But thatis what i heard---so if we are slow on the line i try to get the marines to teach me how to get out of chokeholds and basic hand to hand stuff.......and the guys i work with like to "beat me up" or something cuz they like to spar and show me how nothing i'm learning from the marines works........

Buti have a freind who is a green beret i am trying to get teach me some stuff. ...........then i can B*tch slap those Pricks and then i can say ".....yeah...i learned that from a green beret, take that!!!"....how badazz would that be?!??!?!?!?!


Had a couple of IFE's (in flight emergencies, two planes comimg back broke....only three engines still running,that seems to be the thing to do lately... one plane with a landing gear problem......& as always the poor troops were at the mercy of the airforce for a ride.........Worked my tail off to get the planes back flying and when things slowed again.....

I was talking to the guys waiting for a ride and one soldier said he was coming from korea....he only had two months left there.........and i guess he's got a year in iraq. I thought that sucked and said i was sorry to hear that. He was really young, kinda goofy looking, a tall skinny kid with a big round head, that's wasn't really proportionate to his body. But not a bad looking kid if i was a girl his age i guess......... he just had a big head.I figured he was probably infantry.not cuz he had a big head...from his gear.....he was 2nd id, wore kevlar, body armor, kneepads, had an nvg mount on his kevlar, carried a rifle that was not an m-16, i don't know what it was....not an m-4..........bigger than that... but it had a short stock like one. I'm still not good at recognizing weapons.....i do know ak47s though!

Anyway I asked the nameless soldier (too much gear i couldn't see his name).......what his mos was....and he said 11b.

I paused and looked up at him and I said thankyou........i almost think that he could tell how much more it meant than those words could ever convey, becuz he held my hand so tight and didn't let go and after i stopped shaking his hand he held on still, as we stood there in silence. And the whole while he looked at me and then finally uttered ....thankyou, after about 3 minutes or so.......before he released his grip.


Something so small and insignificant, but it was like he was scared....and he was looking to me for comfort. I see every type of soldier there is out here.I see them by the thousands. The experienced ones the young ones........all kinds, in every job. And in the pictures on the news....they show everytype. But they hardley ever show how these kids are still just kids and they might come out of a fire fight a hero.........when only weeks before they were at some airbase clutching a crewchiefs hand for comfort.

" To be a hero is not to be without fear, but to proceed inspite of it"....

I noticed he had been out in the sun awhile, when he asked if we had any water.

I was soooo mad!!! It's the same every time. Things don't go as planned, airplanes break, troops wait outside under a wing for a ride. The pilots/flight crew goes in out of the heat. The pax terminal (atoc)....washes there hands of the passengers when they drop them off. So what is left are a bunch of soldiers on the ramp....and mechanics. the soldiers are in armor ....it's freakin hot! They are sometimes there for hours. Some have their camelbacks on some don't. So i suggest that we call for someone to bring them water......

and this happens all the time.....and i hear from the line supervisor or whoever...."they are just army guys......" & "I've been told to "drop it".........& and they get mad cuz i don't drop it....i won't drop it.........and today they really pissed me off .... when they said......"that's not my job"

i went off............ btw.... these guys that were waiting were all 2nd id from korea , ( mostly- if not all 11bs) So i told the "it's not my job" Azzholez that if they were ever in a postion where we were under fire, and they were to defend our fire drawing azzes, i hope they say to you...."that's not my job"!! these guys are infantry and if they had to, they would risk thier life to defend your lazy azz's 'right' to sit on your jelly donut eating fatazz, and collect hostile fire pay for what? You get hostile fire pay cuz THEY ( ! ) get shot at (!)....and you don't want to give them water??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was dead slient in the truck.....and then the sratching noise of the radio transmitting ..... " .......Moc Red-One, ... yeah can you get some water out to the pax on golf six....theyv'e been out here awhile"..........


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother, I just found this and read what you did for those soldiers. Let me tell ya, you are one good guy, should be a Marine or 11boo. I've been both, Marine with forecon in desert storm and a spec-ops in asscrackistan. I never had much to do with the "sky scouts", can't trust their air support. You deffinately are one good dude who knows how to take care of people. My time is almost up, I'll be retiring soon, you keep doing what you're doing, hold your head high and stay proud. You don't have the REMF attitude, and by the way, you tell that "not my job s.o.b. that quite possibly one of my girls my be over there and they will deffinately give him a bitch slap he'll never forget. If I ever meet ya, the beers on me. devildawgdoc@msn.com

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!