Sunday, September 26, 2004

....Not much new here, a convoy got hit...........

Below is more email correspondence forwarded to me by another of my freinds. He (John an aircraft crewchief), and his cousin (Chris --works in supply) are activated reservists both serving in the desert, for different services, at different bases.I work with John, and know Chris well because they were roomates for quite some time. Long before Sept 11th.

They were not born of priveledge...as stands true of most of the enlisted ranks that i have seen. And i would have to say that each of them is just a little to kind to others, a little too eager to lend a helping hand, not as confident as they should be, and a little too giving and too quick to trust others, all of which, too much for their own good. Thier similarities seemingly end there. Chris has a medium build, shorter blonde hair and works as a delivery man. John Is larger framed with dark hair and is a mechanic. Both have blue eyes. Both are very shy and neither have been very popular with the ladies.

I'll never forget the summer Chris shaved his head. Chris has the funniest shaped head i have ever seen. He shaved his head before his two week drill, to discover that his head was horribly cone shaped. He was very embarrassed and wouldn't ever take his hat off. Of course in the military your getting away with wearing a hat indoors so during his drill he took alot of hell for it. Out in the desert he shaved his head again....though i heard him swear he never would. same as before only this drill is lasting alot longer than that last...........and there more important concerns than the shape of his head...but mostly it's covered in kevlar anyway


How's it going, John? This weather just kicks my ass, it's hotter down
by you I guess. Just wanted to thank you guys for the package, I won't run
out of reading material for awhile. I will return the favor next year
when I get back home. Would you rather get your time done all at once or do
you like your situation now? Saw your mom and dad when I was home. As usual
time flew by. Take care for now and thanks again. I wasn't sure which email
address to use.
Chris*****
*****, Iraq

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we
shall pay any price, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
to assure the survival and success of liberty."-John F. Kennedy



Hey Chris how's it going? Are you used to the heat again? I work
nights . That is so nice I would hate to work days. I'm almost
half way done with this rotation over here but I think I'm going to
*anywhere* for a month over and then back over here again next
*anytime* yee ha.

Stay safe
and talk to you later John






What's up, John? Not much new here. A convoy I was on got hit by a suicide
bomber last week. I ended up with minor injuries. It seems to be
gettinga little cooler here lately, if you consider 105 cool. I guess were
looking at 4 more months here and then hopefully home sometime in
*any month*. How are things by you? Take care and I'll talk to you later.

*****Chris***
****, Iraq

Ordinary people doing ordinary things....just trying to stay alive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!