Thursday, April 21, 2005

His War.............

Here is a letter afreind of mine wrote before i ever went over to the sandbox....

So you think you are going to the great sandbox huh? Lucky you. Are you on orders yet or are you not sure. Where are you stationed at right now? You will almost definatly be at BIAP, you know how the military loves its acroynms. Thats Baghdad Internatinal Airport. I go there about 2-3 times a week and its about 30 mins from my compound...maybe we will run into each other there :P

Small world.

Tent city isn't bad at all...you will likely be within walking distance of the main PX and Burger King. The PX is actually pretty decent out here. I dont believe they segregate tent city but im not 100 percent on that. I know a few girls at BIAP, MP's from my brigade, who say that life at BIAP isn't that bad, but they don't get to go many places so they get stir crazy at times, I don't think the AF deploys for a year like we are so it might not be as bad for you.

I have so many stories I could tell you of this place, I wouldn't know where to begin..the people are actually great and I have some pictures of this place on my laptop back in my room I can send you later if you like...Just keep your mind in the game and don't let yourself get taken down by the negative people that hate their job, they would complain just as much as if they were in garrison..we signed up for a job and then they get mad when they actually have to do it...go figure.

In all honesty I like the AF, I mean without them in Germany Id have poor shopping choices ;) Let me know if you want to see the pics and give me an idea of what story you'd like to hear. If you use a messenger program like yahoo or msn let me know and I could relate the stories that way.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Joe

1 Comments:

Blogger devildog6771 said...

Wow, that's pretty decent of you.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!